Peanut's Ball Thing
A simple, toy ball for our kitten, Peanut. Make larger or smaller as you like. Super fast and easy to make.
- very small amount of worsted yarn (or use dk or sport if you like)
- crochet hook of suitable size, I used a G hook
- gauge is not crucial, but make it fairly tight to avoid the filling leaking out
- filling material, such as strips of pantihose or broadcloth (don't use fibrefill or yarn)
- Chain 2, make 6 sc in 2nd ch from hk, sl st to join rnd.
- 2 sc in each sc around - 12 sc.
Note: From this point on, do not sl st to join rounds, just keep going.
- Next round, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc), repeat around - 18 sc.
- Work next two rounds even (no increases or decreases).
- Next round, (sc in next sc, sc 2 tog), repeat to end - 12 sts.
- At this point, stuff the ball thing with your preferred filling.
- Next round, sc 2 together all around - 6 sts.
- Break yarn, close end tightly, and securely work in and hide the ends of your yarn. Swallowing yarn can be very dangerous to animals!
- Finished size varies based on yarn used, but generally, about golf ball size when using worsted.
- Another option for stuffing is to place a jingle bell inside. Be especially careful about closing up the end securely to avoid a trip to the vet!
- It's important to get all yarn ends hidden away securely, and not to use yarn or fibrefill for stuffing. When ingested, yarn and similar materials can get entangled in the intestines and become a life threatening emergency. Also, please take the time make sure your stash is tucked away safely from your little friends.
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.