- Your favourite yarn (approx 150 g, 3 or 4 oz in worsted)
- Length of wearer's foot
- Use two strands throughout, exact gauge is not crucial
- Crochet hook in size which will create a dense fabric
- Leaving at least 12 inches of extra yarn at beginning, chain enough
sts to cover length of foot (about 30 with worsted).
- Work your favourite stitch pattern back and forth. Once you reach
the length desired, dec sts to half original number. Work another row
to decrease to half the number of sts, break yarn, leaving about 12 inches
- With wrong side facing, sew instep seam about half the length of the
square with the remaining length of yarn. With extra yarn from beginning,
sew heel seam to end. (Graphical representation below)
- Attach a sc or other edging around foot opening for a couple of
rounds, adding pompoms etc. as desired. Weave in remaining yarn ends.
c|------ . -------|d
| . |
| . |
6 4 2 1 3 5
- Sew from a to b to c to d to e to f and continue in same fashion to close top of slipper. Sew 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 and continue to close heel seam at back of slipper.
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.