Make your own Christmas crackers! Easy and inexpensive, kids can help, too.
For each cracker, you'll need:
- 1 empty toilet tissue tube (toilet paper roll)
- party favours (candies, paper party hats, small gifts etc. for inside the cracker)
- confetti, tinsel or decorative shred
- 1 piece of tissue paper, about 8 by 10 inches (20 cm by 25 cm)
- 2 pieces of tissue paper, about 8 by 5 inches (20 cm by 13 cm) each
- decorative trimmings (stickers, lace, ribbon, stickers, etc.)
- transparent tape
- decorative string
Back to Christmas.
- Centre the toilet paper roll along one 10 inch (25 cm) side of the larger piece of tissue paper. Wrap the tissue paper securely around the roll, holding in place with a couple of pieces of tape.
- Insert the snapper, party favours and confetti or decorative shred into the roll. Make sure the ends of the snapper extend beyond the end of the cracker. Add a few strands of tinsel or decorative shred to the ends, if desired.
- Tie each end of the cracker closed with string.
- Make fringe by folding each 8 by 5 inch (20 cm by 13 cm) piece of tissue in half, so it's 8 by 2 1/2 inches (20 cm by 6 cm). Along long unfolded edge, make cuts into tissue about 1/2 inch (13 cm) apart.
- Take about 12 inches (30 cm) of decorative string and run it inside the folded tissue, right along the fold. Attach one fringe to each end of cracker using this decorative string. Curl tissue if desired.
- Use decorative trimmings to decorate the body of the cracker.
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.