Mmmmm, classic Christmas scents. Kids can do this one, too.
- orange, lemon or lime
- whole cloves, the fresher the better
- spices such as cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg (your choice)
- decorative ribbon for hanging
Back to Christmas.
- Lightly mark (with pen or marker) a strip around the middle of the fruit as wide as your ribbon.
- Avoiding the marked strip, pierce your fruit with a fork or similar implement, keeping the holes as evenly spaced as possible, and the closer to each other the better.
- Insert a whole clove into each hole.
- Once the fruit it covered with cloves (except for that strip around the middle), roll it in a mixture of your chosen spices.
- Leave fruit in an out of the way place for at least a couple of weeks.
- Attach a length of ribbon around the middle, and using a few hand stitches to hold in place, create a loop for hanging.
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.