In cotton worsted, nicely textured, in the colours of spring. Alright, black and white aren't very springlike. :)
- 45 - 50 grams (1 1/4 - 1 1/2 oz) soft cotton worsted yarn in pastel ombres or other spring colours (like
Sugar'n Cream Cotton Ombre Yarn
- 1 ball per dishcloth)
- pair of needles, 3.5 mm suggested
- gauge is not crucial
- finished size is 7 1/2 - 8 inches (19 - 20 cm) square
- Cast on about 34 sts
- *K1, p1*, repeat to end, turn.
- *P1, k1*, repeat to end, turn.
- That's pretty much it! Cast off when the dishcloth is more or less square. Break yarn and work in ends.
- If you cast on an odd number of sts instead of an even number, every row can begin with a knit 1 (or purl 1, as you prefer). Even more mindless.
- It seems silly to even type this up and put it on the site, but I think they're so pretty, and I do love textured stitches. And since I intend to give them to a dear friend (eventually), if I don't type this up now, I may never be able to recreate them (or remember what they looked like when brand new). :)
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.