Paul's Seven Socks
These socks were ripped and restarted numerous times before completion.
They were a late Valentine's Day gift for my sweetie, Paul, in 1998.
- 1 ball (100 g) Patons Decor in green (heavy worsted)
- smaller amount Patons Decor in camel (heavy worsted)
- 2 sets of 4 dpn's, sizes 3.25 mm and 4.5 mm
NOTE: slipped st is always slipped purlwise
- Cast on 40 stitches on smaller dpns. Divide 10, 20, 10.
- Work k2 p2 ribbing - 7 rounds green, 7 rounds camel, 7 more green,
7 more camel, ending with 7 more green. (See where I got the name?)
- Change to larger dpns. Knit 14 rounds plain in green or make a
small pattern if desired.
- Join camel. Knit across first needle (10 sts). Turn, purl across
those same ten stitches, then purl across the ten stitches on the
next needle. 20 sts on needle. 20 sts remain on instep needle to be worked later.
- Row 1 - slip first stitch, knit one, sl 1, k1 across, turn
Row 2 - slip first stitch, purl across, turn. (Instead, you could slip
one, knit accross for each row resulting in garter stitch for the heel
flap.) Repeat these two rows 6 more times (total 14 rows). Right side
of work is now facing you.
- Row 1 - slip 1, knit 12, ssk (or sl1 k1 psso), turn
Row 2 - slip 1, ourl 6, purl 2 together, turn
Row 3 - slip 1, knit 6, ssk (or sl1 k1 psso)
- Repeat rows 2 and 3 until all stitches have been worked and 8 heel
stitches remain (4 on needle one and 4 on needle three), ready to work
a right side row.
- Join green.
- Knit across 4 stitches on first needle. Pick up ten stitches or so
along heel flap and another in the space between the heel and the instep
stitches. Knit across instep stitches on second needle. For third needle,
pick up a stitch in the space between the heel and the instep and then
another ten or so stitches along the edge of the heel flap. Knit 4
remaining heel stitches onto same needle.
- Next round - knit evenly around
- Round 1 - (needle one) knit to within three stitches of end of needle,
ssk (or sl1, k1, psso), knit one; (needle two) knit across instep stitches;
(needle three) - purl one, purl two together, purl across
Round 2 - knit evenly around
- Repeat these two rows until 10 stitches remain on each of needles one
and three (back to original number of stitches). Work 2 or 4 more rounds
in decrease pattern, depending on depth of instep / foot. Work even or
til sock reaches bottom of little toe.
- Join camel. Decrease 4 sts in next round. 32 stitches remain (multiple
of 8). Work 7th row even. Decrease 8 stitches evenly around next round,
then every second round, til 8 sts remain. Cut yarn and pull through 8
sts to fasten toe.
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.