Warmed in the microwave and placed in the bottom of your bread basket,
it helps keep bread, biscuits, or buns warm on your dinner table.
Use caution when heating and storing the Bun Warmer.
Don't overheat it, and put it in a safe place until completely cool
before storing. Dried out rice can smoulder into a fire if overheated.
Use at your own risk.
- woven material, 2 pieces, each a few inches larger than the bottom
of the bread basket, microwave safe (no metallic threads, etc.)
- rice for filling
- matching thread
- Cut Material: Cut 2 pieces of fabric into the desired shape -
circle, square, rectangle or what have you, an inch or more larger
than you need it on all edges.
- Sew Front to Back: Line up the two pieces, wrong sides together,
and sew around using a half inch seam allowance, and leaving a small
opening along one side.
- Turn right side out.
- Fill: Fill with rice, but don't overfill. It could cause the
seams to burst.
- With small stitches, sew up the opening.
- Be sure to use small stitches to keep the rice from leaking out.
- Using a half cup of so of water in a microwave proof cup should
help keep the rice from drying out too much when heating. Use
caution, see above.
- The Bun Warmer can be made of an extra napkin or piece of material
that will coordinate with the napkin the buns sit on, or with the
rest of the table (napkin rings, table cloth, place mats etc.).
CTRL-D to Bookmark This Site!
This web site is made in Canada.